Thursday, October 23, 2008

Google's Phone Foray


Since our two year bondage to T-Mobile is almost over, I've been looking around for a phone that would encourage me to sign up for another two years. I have seen the iPhone, and it is a wonderous little thing, it doesn't however come from T-Mobile, and I can't spend $600 for an unlocked one. I've seen the Blackberry... and it seems somewhat useful, but that screen is too small.
I finally found the most perfect phone ever, a few days ago, the Google G1! Only offered by T-Mobile, it has a touch screen, full Qwerty keyboard, and a track ball! Any way you slice it, it has the input that you want. Browse the web on a nice large screen, type on the keyboard, send email... and it is open source! Maybe I'll have to write some programs to put on the marketplace... that is if I can convince my wife that I really need this phone. I might even be able to make money with some cool little applications on the marketplace... the phone would pay for itself!

3 comments:

Juliet said...

That is a pretty sweet looking phone.

Becca said...

Poor dear.....you just have to have your little phone so you can be happy. Don't worry dear.......we'll see what happens! :)

Sally and Paul said...

You sure have done your homework!
Christmas is coming!!!!