Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Power of Positive Thinking


There is no such thing as luck. At least not for me. Nothing really that terrible happens to me, and nothing extraordinary. Well, except for Becca and my kids, they are definitely the best thing that could happen to me. I've always thought that nothing matters but what you do, not how you feel or how lucky you are, but how do you explain the following:

There is this guy at work that can do no wrong. Nothing that ever happens to him is bad. There is that scripture that The Lord will turn all things to your good, but I don't think things could get as good as he gets it. He gets rear ended, gets some pain, and his Honda Civic is totaled. Most people would now be hard pressed to get a car for what the insurance company gives you, but the car didn't actually belong to him, but to his Mother-In-Law. After she gets the insurance check, she then wires some money to her son-in-law, but of course a little extra... enough to buy a Mercedes C Class! Plus he gets money for his pain and suffering, as his doctor's bill added up to just enough.

And another thing that happened to him:
What would you think would happen if you accidentally got a package in the mail? It is usually junk mail, or something that they will charge you for later. How about a 23" flat screen monitor? And there is no record of shipping it to you, and they won't accept it back.

Plus, positive thinking can get you a close parking spot, every time, at Costco and Wal-Mart. This may not be positive proof, but you have to give it a try at least, right?

2 comments:

Juliet said...

How old is this guy an is he single? Just Kidding! I never really have anything lucky happen to me either! I can't win anything and I never get a good parking spot at Wal-Mart ever!

P.S. I'm glad Macey sleeps better for you must be a Daddy thing because JP sleeps better when Brody is around too!

Becca said...

Yeah, so why don't YOU stop being so PESSIMISTIC, huh??? Mr. I'm going to be sick FOREVER!!!!