Monday, May 5, 2008

Websites by Troy


I have a website done almost entirely by me... well sort of. This is the first public website where I was allowed free license to do whatever I wanted, no template to follow, or other restrictions. I'm the developer, but I have some help on the design side of things. Check out the Windsor-Essex Parkway and let me know what you think of it. The website had 115,000 hits on the first day that it went live, and I have not heard a single comment that the site didn't work, or that it didn't look good. I was able to do what the designers envisioned in the flash movie header, and the basic site design. Make sure to check out the Media page and try some of the movies, they are quite short 3d animations, but still kind of fun to watch. Most of you probably won't care too much about the purpose, but it was made to announce a plan for a parkway that would help connect Detroit in the US with Windsor Ontario in Canada. Right now there is a lot of congestion trying to cross a single bridge, and this solution will bring much needed below grade highway to reduce pollution and congestion by reducing stopped vehicles, and also add a lot of park space and walkways over the road, which should help connect the neighborhoods better, and reduce eye sore. Anyway, let me know what you think :)

4 comments:

Becca said...

Good job dear! I love you!!!!!!

Summie said...

um I clicked on your link and it didn't work!

Willowkist said...

Awesome Sauce Troy!

Sally and Paul said...

Good job!!!!